~7+ years | $120k – $170k • 0.3% – 0.5%
How do we work?
We are a largely autonomous product team comprising a founder CTO, Product Manager, and 2 Full Stack Developers. We aim to meet daily at 9am PT for a brief standup that is part social check in and part traditional standup. Outside of our standup we try to keep meetings to a minimum. In a regular week, you should expect to have daily standups and a 1-on-1 with your manager.
Our team is spread across 3 timezones today, Pacific Time (1 person), Central Time (2 people) and Eastern European Time (1 person). Some of the tools we use to work together remotely are Confluence, Slack, ClickUp, and Tuple.
We pride ourselves on the product we’ve built with such a small team and we share on call rotations across the development team. We practice agile development, and contribute to devops as needed. Our Gitlab CI/CD pipeline runs in ~20m and deploys in another ~10m and it’s been about 6 months since our last big push to reduce CI time. We use VS Code, AppSignal, Scout, and OpsGenie regularly.
What will you do at Bridge?
We’re building the fastest growing immigration services provider in the US. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate closely with our Product Manager to architect, build, and deploy new services and features. On a day to day basis, you’ll be expected to write clean Ruby and React code and tests. Once you’ve settled in, we’ll look forward to discussing improvements to our existing processes, including our on call rotations, tool usage, and devops practices. As our first Senior Full Stack Developer, we’ll expect you to graciously challenge and be challenged by others in a safe and collaborative working environment.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for very experienced candidates for this role (we estimate ~7 years of professional experience as a developer), but we value contributions over credentials and are especially interested in candidates that can demonstrate the following:
- Experience leading development of multiple features, including both front and back end components
- Experience debugging production applications and using tools to coordinate incident response
- Ability to review code and provide collaborative feedback
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, whether documenting code, discussing project proposals, or training new team members
- Must be adept with Ruby/Rails, React/TypeScript, and PostgreSQL
What do we provide?
We love what we do and regularly hear from our community about our impact. Join us and you’ll be a part of the next generation of legal services and the fastest growing immigration services provider in the US. In addition to offering a safe and collaborative work environment where you can do your best work, we offer:
- Unlimited time off
- 80% coverage of premium medical, dental and vision benefits
- Retirement plans
- Commuter benefits
What is our interview process?
Our interview process is tailored to assess three main areas: Communication, Problem Solving, and Technical Competence. We take a team wide approach to hiring and by the end of our process, you'll have met every person on our team with which you'll be regularly interacting. We aim to be able to complete our entire hiring process in less than 1 month. Here are our stages:
- Phone screen: 30m conversation with our Co-Founder and CTO
- Take home challenge consisting of one coding challenge and one code review. 48hrs to complete (estimated 4hrs to complete)
- Challenge review and React deep dive: 1hr conversation with a developer
- Teach us something new: 30m session you lead on a feature, open source project, or API you've learned or worked on recently
- Product collaboration: 30m with our Product Manager