As we hire new talents at Bridge, we typically ask a bunch of fun and personal questions that we send out to the entire team in an effort to break the ice, as many other companies do. We thought we could go a step further and also share these with you, our clients and partners, because we appreciate so much the relationships we have been building together over the years.
As a first employee spotlight, we're delighted to introduce Camille, someone whose contributions you will soon appreciate greatly!
My name is Camille Bradbury and I'm excited to be joining Bridge as the new Legal Content Specialist. At Bridge, I am responsible for helping you navigate our platform and providing short tutorials and knowledge base articles so you can feel comfortable navigating the immigration process. I also help the team develop the workflows you need to ensure each step is intuitive and easy to understand so you can spend more time with your employees and less time tracking their status. I love helping reinvent immigration at Bridge and I'm passionate about supporting our clients in taking their knowledge to the next level.
- Where were you born? I was born in Denver, Colorado, but grew up in a little mountain town outside of Boulder called Eldorado Springs Canyon, most commonly known for its delicious bottled water. From elementary to high school, I grew up in Boulder.
- When you were little, who was your favorite superhero? I had a great affinity for villains growing up. I have always had a soft spot for the underdog and villains seemed so misunderstood and hated by all. Scar from the Lion King was top of my list (even going so far as to wanting a similar scar down the center of my eye, which thankfully never came to pass). Ursula from The Little Mermaid and Jafar from Aladdin were some other favorites.
- Are you a morning or night person? Definitely a morning person. I love the morning, especially when no one is awake, and I get to watch the sun come up. I also write in the mornings, 5:30a is the best time to crank out some pages.
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? I don't like to go out on a limb when I eat and would typically bypass exotic food, if offered, but would have to say alligator meat in Florida was as far as I have taken it.
- What is your favorite cuisine? I love Mexican. We get some great green chile in Colorado and I've spent a lot of time with my family in New Mexico. Beans, cheese, and sour cream is just about all I need in life.
- What is the favorite city you have visited outside the United States? Auckland, New Zealand is where my sister lives so I have spent a lot of time exploring the north island of New Zealand. I also love Europe for the history; Italy for the beautiful architecture and people, and London for the dark and dreary days. Stonehenge is my favorite place to visit.
- If you forget to plug your headphones in at work on Monday, what song are we most likely to hear? I am a big Tool fan; I have seen them play all over the country. On the flip side, I am also a big country fan, like country on the radio, not classic old school country. 90's hip hop you also might hear from my headphones: Tribe Called Quest, Biggie Smalls, Tupac, KRS One, Nas, and Method Man. When I am writing, hip hop instrumental is also another go-to.
- What is the most recent thing you completed on your bucket list? Skydiving over the ocean. Skydiving was always high on my bucket list because I wasn't quite sure if I would have the guts to go through with it. Once I took off my oxygen mask, I dropped from 16,000 feet in between the north and the south island of New Zealand.
- What is your favorite sports team? I have to represent Colorado so Denver Broncos or the Nuggets (because I love basketball). For some weird reason, I also had an obsession with Penny Hardaway from the Orlando Magic growing up.
- Beach or mountains? Beach. The ocean is where I feel the best. I've lived on the east and the west coasts in the United States and every weekend I would drive out to sit on the shore and watch the water. I write the best when watching the waves, it gives me perspective. When things get tough, I imagine what's happening right in the middle of the sea.
- What is your favorite season? Fall. Hot toddies and leaves changing colors. I hate it when the weather is too hot or too cold. Fall is a happy medium.
- What is your favorite app on your phone? Strava. I love to run, but not marathons, just a couple miles a day. I also love Pinterest to collect different images and get inspiration. I strongly dislike social media platforms, even though I have various accounts to stay in touch with friends and family, I am rarely there.
- What is your favorite neighborhood in Chicago? I haven't visited Chicago much so a favorite is hard to say, but I love the vibe of downtown. I always love neighborhoods where the ocean meets the city.
- Besides working at Bridge US (of course!) what is your dream job? Human Trafficking Attorney. I am always in the business of saving girls and this mission is a big one for me, not sure I would have survived the stories, but I would have loved to try.
- What is your favorite TV show of all time? Rick and Morty. I love Adult Swim. Girls is another favorite of mine. I like shows that are edgy, real, and bring humor to the truth of how things really are.